Swatch and Review: BYS Velvet Lipstick in Guilty Taupe

How's your holiday vacation?

Happy Easter to our fellow catholics. 🥚

It's been a loooong while since I came to write. We had summer roadtrips and vacays left and right since the start of April. 

I'm not kidding! I can barely do my laundry. If I do, I just pick those we usually wear. Also, It's been 2 weeks since I did my nails. (Crying inside)

Of course, vacation is made for out of towns with the fam, so I just couldn't say no.

BYS Velvet Lipstick in Guilty Taupe


I recently joined a giveaway on my instagram account where I won my first BYS Liquid lippie and I'm glad to write my review on this beauty! I picked this nude shade "Guilty Taupe" because it looks so chic.







What BYS says about Velvet Lips:

" BYS Velvet Lipstick is a creamy, highly pigmented formula that glides on for easy application, boasting an instant, smooth matte lip. This non-drying formulation gives full coverage that stays put throughout the day, and includes a precision applicator that coats lips in one simple swipe."   

My thoughts:


First of all, I love the packaging. It looks sleek, and even if I sometimes forget to close it completely, it shows no sign of spillage. The consistency is very thin, but will give you just the right coverage. After applying, expect to have a creamy texture at first and give it around 5 minutes for it to settle down. Comparing this with the other liquid lipsticks I have, this one doesn't have that icky-sticky feel! (Velvet is the name) 


It's also kiss-proof. With the doe head applicator, I find it easy for me to blend precisely. Texture? Yes, it's matte and it dries up my lips even more though I religiously use lip balms.  So if you have excessively dry lips, this will highlight dry patches even more.



It starts to flake off upon drinking/eating, so don't expect it to remain intact for long hours.

 
Overall, the formula is very lightweight and has good coverage. Very pigmented, and applies easily. Available on leading beauty stores and malls at an affordable price!

*This product was sent to me as a prize. All opinions are my own.


 

Comments

Popular Posts