DIY Watermarble Decal

Hi there!

It has been a while since my last post. If you're following me on ig, I had mentioned that I'm busy filming my first nail art tutorial on YouTube. (I'll be posting the link below)

So, on to my next design, this is a little picture-heavy than my recent post which is a good thing, right?

Water marbling is a crucial technique for me. I know that every nail artist has her weaknesses and this is one! I have actually tried it for two days on a different time, it somehow confuses me even though I managed to make the polish float on the water's surface.(yay!) I guess it's one of the areas I really need to work on.

What to do when I want a water marble design on my nails without all the fuss?!

Right.
Make water marble decals.😁



 These are the colors I chose for my decals.


 With a thick Ziploc bag, draw a curve with your first color. Make sure you have all spots covered, otherwise this technique will not be effective. The thicker, the better!

Continue to draw "C" on the plastic bag with the nail polishes  until you finish your chosen design.



I already made two pieces here.
Now with a toothpick or with your smallest dotting tool, create a pattern similar to water marble technique. When it is dry, apply a generous amount of colorless polish overlapping the marble pattern. Draw more as needed, and better make a backup in case.

Some say to leave it over night, but what I did is leave them the whole afternoon.

When it is 100% dry, peel it off using tweezers or if you have gentle hands like mine, it's alright. 😉


Have your base color ready! I love this dusty lavender from Nabi Cosmetics.

Cut the decals according to the size of your nail. Apply it on your nails with colorless polish and clean the excess with acetone.


And this is the finished product.

Since this is my first time, I only wore it as accents. I'm happy with the pattern because at a glance it actually looks like real water marble nails. 💞

  
Again, seal your design with a Top Coat.


It's a real fun technique, and if you're like me who struggles with water marble, this is a must-try!

Follow me on instagram and subscribe on my YouTube for more. 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5kI2O1z7Kf7dDURB9QaSNg

xo,
Jen  💋

Comments

Popular Posts